Living near an army base, in Georgia, everyone decorates with American Flags. We have them hanging both in and outside of our home. I decided I wanted something different to decorate with, so I began collecting ribbon. This project is very simple and easy to customize to your space or personality!
- Wooden stick
- White Paint
- Various White Ribbons and Lace
- Various Red Ribbons and Lace
- Various Gold Ribbons and Lace
- 1/2 a Yard Blue Star Fabric
- Paint wooden stick white. Allow time to dry.
- Cut all the ribbons to a similar length. (to determine the length, you should measure where you are gonna hang it first)
- Staple the ribbons to the wooden stick, starting with red. There should be 13 sections of alternating red and white ribbons. Add gold in random places to add a flare.
- Staple the fabric over the ribbon on the upper left side.
- Tie a neutral colored rope to the stick and staple it in place.
- Hang your master piece for all to see.
My favorite thing about this project, is how each person’s flag could be completely different. There are countless types of ribbon, and endless stores to buy them from. Have fun with your flag and make it your own! I would love to see what you come up with!