I love quesadillas. But after completing the Advocare 24 Day Challenge and losing 16 pounds, eating that much cheese just doesn’t seem worth it to me. Luckily, I found a way to eat a healthy “quesadilla”. If you are looking for a healthy lunch thats quick and easy, look no further.
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- Red Pepper to taste
- Green Onions
- Paprika to taste
- Chicken (optional)
- Olive Oil
- Non Fat Greek Yogurt (optional)
- Cover half the tortilla in smashed avocado. If the avocado is small, it may take the whole thing to cover a half of a large tortilla. If its a medium or large avocado, half should be plenty.
- Add seasoning to taste. I like the kick you get from red pepper and paprika. For a little more kick, add some cumin.
- Cut up your tomatoes and green onions and spread them around.
- If you want to use chicken, cook and cut into small pieces. Add to tortilla.
- Add olive oil to a medium sized frying pan. Heat the tortilla in the olive oil until both sides are browned.
- Serve with Non Fat Greek Yogurt, as an alternative to sour cream.
It’s that easy! I tend to use canned chicken when I’m in a hurry. It fills me up, but my husband usually needs more. Give it a try and let me know what you think!