I haven’t posted many recipes lately. And it’s mostly because I don’t have anyone to cook for. My family came down to visit me for the Fourth of July, so I had the opportunity to cook for them. And because they are my family, they didn’t judge me for taking pictures of everything I did in the kitchen. So I finally have another recipe for you!
This is something that Zac requested once every other week after we moved in together. It is the best spaghetti on the face of the planet. And it is so simple.
- 1 box thin spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lb cottage cheese (1 cup)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat your oven 350 degrees. Boil your spaghetti and set aside.
- While you are waiting for your water to boil, mix sour cream, cottage cheese, and cream cheese together in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- Combine ground beef with spaghetti sauce.
- Place several slices of butter in the bottom of a glass baking pan.
- Add half of your cooked spaghetti into the pan, over the butter.
- Cover with white mixture. Be sure to spread it evenly over the noodles.
- Add the remainder of the spaghetti and add more butter to the top of the noodles.
- Pour the ground beef/sauce mixture and spread evenly. Be sure to cover all of the noodles. If noodles aren’t covered, they will become hard and crunchy.
- Place glass pan in the oven for 35 minutes.
- With five minutes remaining, take pan out of the oven and cover with cheese. Place back into the oven.
- Let stand for a few minutes, then serve with garlic bread.
Its a meal even a picky eater would enjoy. It tastes just as good the second time, so don’t throw your left overs away. Enjoy!