As Cincinnati natives, my husband and I love our Grippo’s Bar-B-Q chips. If you have never had them, you are truly missing out. You can buy them in bags, like any other chip on the market. But most people would recognize them from the box you buy them in for parties. My mom brought us a box of the deliciously addicting chips, for Zac’s Ranger School graduation party. Once everyone left, I started to get worried we weren’t going to be able to finish them before they went stale. We have been trying to eat healthier, so snacking on chips wasn’t something we do regularly. It would be a terrible crime to let them go to waste, so we decided to make Grippo’s Bar-B-Q Crusted Chicken with them, and it did NOT disappoint.
- Chicken, cut into nugget sized pieces
- Grippos Bar-B-Q Chips
**Determine how much chicken you want to make. It was toward the end of the week, so we just cut up all the chicken we had left for the week. Two eggs worked great for us. And we just kept adding chips until all the chicken was coated.
- Line a baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a food processor, grind/crush chips into crumb sized pieces.
- Put eggs and a some water into a shallow dish or bowl.
- Add the crushed chips to another shallow dish.
- Drop chicken into the egg mixture. Make sure to coat the whole piece with the mixture.
- Move chicken to the crushed chips. Coat the chicken in the chips.
- Place the chicken into the baking pan. Spray chicken with olive oil cooking spray and dump any extra chips over the top. Spray again.
- Once all pieces are coated, bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Serve immediately with ranch or Grippo’s Bar-B-Q sauce.
Although Grippo’s always set my mouth on fire, we loved our Grippo’s chicken. We may have used a lot of ranch, but it was delicious. It was an amazing taste of Cinci. I know we will be making that again the next time we can get our hands on some Grippo’s!