Everyone loves a one pan recipe. We love them even more in our home because we only have one pan. When we got married, there were several things we didn’t get off our registry, and pots and pans were one of those things. So any time we stumble on a one pan recipe, we test it out.
This recipe went over great the first time I made it. It only takes about 30 minutes and tastes just as good the second time.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 14 oz smoked sausage
- garlic powder, to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can Rotel (I like to use mild, but my husband liked hot. The choice is up to you, either will work)
- 1/2 heavy cream
- 8 oz bow-tie pasta
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Monterey Cheddar Jack Cheese
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. While the oil is heating, begin slicing the smoked sausage into 1/4″ rounds. Add sausage to the oil until browned, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic powder and cover for 30 seconds.
- Add broth, Rotel, cream, dry pasta, and pepper to taste. Stir well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Be sure to stir once or twice.
- Remove pan from heat, add 1 cup of cheese. Stir until melted. Return to low heat for 3 minutes while stirring. Once sauce has thickened add the remaining cheese and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious masterpiece! And remember, if there are any left overs (and there probably won’t be) it tastes amazing reheated too. So this is a great recipe to use for work lunches!