These days, the Minions are extremely popular. They are loved by everyone, children and adults alike. And you can find Minion merchandise just about everywhere. But it is not cheap. I recently threw a birthday party for my Despicable Me-obsessed puppy. I wanted a cheap way to make minion gift baskets, so I made them myself. I think they turned out great and they were a big hit! (If you’d like to see how I pulled off a Minion party for my dog, click here.)
- Yellow Tubs
- Black, Silver, and White Paint
- Painters Tape
**I purchased the yellow tubs for $ .99 a piece at Party City.
- Start by taping off the black strap that goes around the minion’s head. Leave space to paint the goggles. Paint black. Let it dry, and then remove tape.
- In the space you left for goggles, paint either one or two silver circles. Let dry.
- Once the silver dry is COMPLETELY dry, paint slightly smaller white circles inside the silver circles. Let dry.
- Once the white circles are dry, paint small black circles in the center for the pupils. Let dry.
- Once the black circles are dry, paint slightly smaller brown circles inside the black circle. Let dry.
- Once the black circles are dry, paint black dots in the center of the brown circles. Let dry.
- Once all of that is dry, add a white dots on the edge of the brown dots.
- Using the black paint, add a smile and hair.
- Let dry and add in any goodies you may want to use.
** I was making baskets for dogs so I added dog toys from for the dollar store. But if you are making this for a children’s party, I suggest Party City for favors.
You can make them with different facial expressions, hair, or eyes. You could also make evil minions using purple tubs. Have fun with it! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!