I love potatoes. I think the hardest part of the Advocare 24 Day Challenge for me, is cutting out the carbs. I just love carbs so much. So I figured now was a good a time as ever to attempt to replace potatoes with cauliflower and try to trick myself. So here is it is, Cauliflower “Potato Salad” that is 24 Day Challenge acceptable.
- 1 head of Cauliflower, steamed
- 3 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of diced celery
- 1 or 2 hard boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp low fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- Bacon Chucks to taste (optional)
- Cut your head of Cauliflower into medium sized pieces, place in a bowl with enough water to cover the bottom of the bowl. Cover with a paper towel. Heat for 5 minutes and check the texture and continue to heat in minute long intervals until the texture resembles that of a cooked potato.
- Some people prefer chucks in their potato salad, I like mine more smooth. So i placed all the pieces into the food processor.
- Mix the remaining ingredients into a medium sized bowl. (Only put 2/3 of the Greek Yogurt in at this time.)
- When ready to serve, add the remainder of the yogurt. Mix well and serve.
If I make this again, I will be sure to steam the cauliflower longer. My salad tasted like potato salad, but the texture was just off. Other than that, it was delicious and a great substitute for potato salad. Give it a try and tell me what you think!